Thought Row Podcast Episode 4: A Conversation with CM Curtis Best Selling Amazon Author on his success story and advice to upcoming writers and authors.
Topics that are discussed:
Inci : Thought Row listeners today we have a formidable writer CM Curtis. He has published 11 fiction novels and 5 of them have been #1 bestsellers on Amazon. Others have managed to reach the #2 spot. And I want to add…I am currently reading on Kindle “The Three Lives of David Kelly”, which we will discuss later.
Rod: Thank you for being with us, do you mind if Inci and I call you Craig? We know that you write under the pen name of CM Curtis.
We have a really tough question to start off with for you… I know our listeners will want to know. What did you have for breakfast today?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- What was the very first book that you published?
- The Three Lives of David Kelly is a book that I am currently reading…and it is so emotional and insightful on the human-ness of how we perceive our lives and how our lives affect others. Craig, were there any real life stories that inspired you.
- Every writer has advice for other writers, and I know you are developing a course for writers. What would be your best advice for new writers… and can you give that to us in three words or less.
- I know your wife was your chief transcriber, could you tell us how that worked for you?
- Considering your favorite writing genre, what really got you in the frame of mind to become a writer.
- How much research do you do prior to the start of a book?
- How much background research do you do on your characters that you write about?
- You said you like writing Western novels, can you imagine the day when one of those or one of your other books are turned into a movie?
- Who is your favorite Western author?